This paper describe the replication cycle and the structure of the HIV virus. Steps in the HIV Replication Cycle are as follows:
1. Fusion of the HIV cell to the host cell surface.
2.HIV RNA, reverse transcriptase, integrase, and other viral proteins enter
the host cell.
3. Viral DNA is formed by reverse transcription.
4. Viral DNA is transported across the nucleus and integrates into the host
5. New viral RNA is used as genomic RNA and to make viral proteins.
6. New viral RNA and proteins move to cell surface and a new, immature,
HIV virus forms.
7. The virus matures by protease releasing individual HIV proteins.